A Guide to Douching
If you’re going to douche, how you do it is important. Proper technique can help prevent pain and damage. This guide will provide you with useful tips when starting out with douching!
Get your butt and your douche ready for action with these steps:
- Begin with a clean nozzle and douche to avoid the spread of bacteria.
- Use water that’s a little less than lukewarm to avoid burning the mucosal lining.
- If using an enema solution, follow the mixing instructions on the package.
- Lubricate the tip of the douche to make insertion into the anus easier.
The process varies slightly depending on the type of douche or enema. The general idea — which is to insert the nozzle into your anus and expel the liquid — is the same, though.
To use an anal douche or enema:
- Stand in the shower so the contents of the douche — and your rectum — have a place to land. You can also do it over the toilet if you’re fooling around on the fly, you saucy minx!
- Stand with one leg up on the toilet, the side of the tub, or a shower bench for easier access.
- Get your hole primed for the nozzle by using a clean, lubed finger to relax it before insertion.
- Gently hold the nozzle against your anus, take a deep breath, and slowly and gently insert it while breathing out.
- Squeeze the douche bulb, bottle, or bag to slowly squirt the liquid. If using a shower enema, start at a low setting to keep from releasing too much water at once.
- Hold the liquid inside you for a few seconds before letting it out.
- Repeat until the water running out of you is clean or until the bottle or bulb is empty.
Aftercare and cleanup
Take a shower to get yourself cleaned up. Some people prefer to wait an hour or two before anal play to ensure all the liquid is out. That’s totally your choice.
If you’re going to wait it out, this is a good time to give the tub or toilet a good rinsing and make sure you have what you need ready for safer and more enjoyable anal play, like lubes and condoms.
How often can you douche?
There’s no rule on how often you can douche safely. Ideally, you should limit it to no more than two or three times per week and certainly not more than once in the same day.
Key things to remember:
Poop happens, and it’s perfectly natural. You don’t need to use a douche or an enema to enjoy safe anal play. But if using one will make you feel more comfortable so you can relax and focus on your pleasure, then go for it and have fun!